The “Undeniable Truths” were part of an article written by Rush Limbaugh for the Sacramento Union in 1988:
1. The greatest threat to humanity lies in the nuclear arsenal of the
2. The greatest threat to humanity lies in the USSR.
3. Peace does not mean the elimination of nuclear weapons.
4. Peace does not mean the absence of war.
5. War is not obsolete.
6. Ours is a world governed by the aggressive use of force.
7. There is only one way to get rid of nuclear weapons – use them.
8. Peace cannot be achieved by developing an “understanding” with the
9. When Americans oppose America, it is not always courageous and sacred;
it is sometimes dangerous.
10. Communism Kills.
11. Neither the US, nor anyone else, imposes freedom on the peoples of
12. Freedom is God-given.
13. In the USSR, peace means the absence of opposition.
14. To free peoples, peace means the absence of threats and the presence
15. The Peace Movement in the US, whether by accident or design, is
16. The collective knowledge and wisdom of seasoned citizens is the most
valuable, yet untapped, resource our young-people have.
17. The greatest football team in the history of civilization is the
Pittsburgh Steelers of 1975-1980.
18. There is no such thing as war atrocities.
19. War itself is an atrocity.
20. There IS a God.
21. Abortion is wrong.
22. Morality is not defined and cannot be defined by individual choice.
23. Evolution cannot explain Creation.
24. Feminism was established so as to allow unattractive women access to
the mainstream of society.
25. Love is the only human emotion that cannot be controlled.
26. The only difference between Mikhail Gorbachev and previous Soviet
leaders, is that Gorbachev is alive.
27. Soviet Leaders are just left-wing dictators.
28. Abe Lincoln saved this nation.
29. The L.A. Raiders will never be the team that they were when they
called Oakland their home.
30. The US will again go to war.
31. To more and more people, a victorious US is a sinful US.
32. This is frightening and ominous.
33. There will always be poor people.
34. This is not the fault of the rich.
35. You should thank God for making you an American; and instead of
feeling guilty about it, help spread our ideas worldwide.
Now, Saul Alinsky’s side:
1) Healthcare –Control healthcare and you control the people
2) Poverty –Increase the Poverty level as high as possible, poor people are easier to control and will not fight back if you are providing everything for them to live.
3) Debt –Increase the debt to an unsustainable level. That way you are able to increase taxes, and this will produce more poverty.
4) Gun Control –Remove the ability to defend themselves from the Government. That way you are able to create a police state.
5) Welfare –Take control of every aspect of their lives (Food, Housing, and Income)
6) Education –Take control of what people read and listen to – take control of what children learn in school.
7) Religion –Remove the belief in the God from the Government and schools
8) Class Warfare –Divide the people into the wealthy and the poor. This will cause more discontent and it will be easier to take (Tax) the wealthy with the support of the poor.
*(Huge hat-tip to the wonders of the outernet…)
Comparing these two sets of axioms is self-explanatory. I wonder every day how we so easily went from the first set of truths to the second without a pause or a quibble. And I wonder every day how we became so helpless we lost our ability to make wise choices about how to turn this sad situation around. But enough of us have to want it badly enough to do something about it, but doing so involves letting go of the “helpful” hand of the government.
And, no, I’m not leaving out the Judeo-Christian Biblical rules for conduct, which always and forever transcends anything that has come after. But many of us are so captivated by the second set of truths here that the Bible was the first thing people put down in order to grab for all they could get with both hands. From a nation of stalwart patriots and heroes, scientists, explorers and inventors, we have deliberately and sleepily turned ourselves into one of whiners, wimps, and largesse-clutchers. We have, sadly, become a country of people who will do anything it takes to make sure we don’t lose our places on the government nipples. This is not just uncharacteristic of Americans. It is downright DANGEROUS.
Are we embarrassed yet?